Hello guys, welcome back to the most perfect receipes page. If you are looking for excellent Orange Marmalade recipe, you are now at the right place. We only serve excellent Orange Marmalade recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to orange marmalade recipe. You can cook orange marmalade using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Here are the ingridients that are required to serve a appetizing Orange Marmalade:
- Get 1 kg of oranges.
- You need 2-3 of lemons.
- Prepare 1.8 kg of sugar.
- Take 2.25 litres of water.
- Take of You will need:A large solid pan or preserving pan, 6 jam jars, some gauze or muslin, and a couple of saucers in the fridge (for testing when the marmalade is done).
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on producing Orange Marmalade:
- Put the water in the preserving pan. Cut the oranges and lemons in half..
- Place gauze over a small bowl. Squeeze the juice from the fruit and place any pips and pith on the gauze (you will need these to help the marmalade set). Put the juices in the pan with the water..
- Use a sharp knife to cut the orange peel into thin shreds. any more pips and pith should be separated and added to the gauze..
- Tie up the pips in the gauze so that they won’t leak out – it will look like a little bag. tie the bag to the side of the pan so it is in the mixture. (you can use string but I just cut the top of the gauze to make a tie)..
- Simmer for about 1.5-2 hours until the peel is soft. Test by cooling a piece and squeezing with finger and thumb..
- Remove the gauze bag to a small bowl to cool. Do not open or throw away. Pour the sugar into the pan and stir on low heat to make sure all the sugar dissolves before you go to the next step. Do not start boiling until all the sugar has dissolved..
- Increase heat to high and boil rapidly for 15-20 minutes. Hold the the gauze bag over the pan and squeeze to extract the remaining sticky pectin -this helps with setting.Take care as the pan contents will be very hot..
- Get ready to test the marmalade with the cold saucers in the fridge. The marmalade is at setting point when a small spoonful of hot mixture on a cold saucer starts to ‘ crinkle’. For me this was at about 20 minutes..
- Cool The marmalade mixture for 15-20 minutes. Warm your clean jam jars in a low oven(100 degrees C) for about 10 minutes and then add the marmalade – I used a ladle. Cover with some greaseproof paper and put the lid on while still warm. Leave to cool and store..
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a enjoyable meal. If you find this web page useful Sharing this site to your friends is the deal Wish that your Orange Marmalade makes your day joyful.