Hello friends, back with us in the most perfect receipes page. If you are searching for complete Easy and tasty vegan tomato sauce for pasta recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Easy and tasty vegan tomato sauce for pasta recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy and tasty vegan tomato sauce for pasta recipe. To cook easy and tasty vegan tomato sauce for pasta you only need 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Here are the ingridients that are required to prepare a appetizing Easy and tasty vegan tomato sauce for pasta:
- Use 5 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Provide 1 of large yellow onion (diced).
- Provide 3 of large cloves of garlic (thinly sliced).
- Provide 2 bottles (800 ml) of passata.
- Take 1 of heaped teaspoon salt.
- Prepare 1/2 of heaped teaspoon brown sugar.
- Get to taste of crushed black pepper.
- You need 2 of green chillies (chopped).
- Prepare 2 stalks of fresh rosemary.
- Get of Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on producing Easy and tasty vegan tomato sauce for pasta:
- Heat the cooking oil on medium-high in a medium size saucepan and add onions until soft. Add garlic and stir. Wait for 1 minute. (Don't use lid for this step, and can be generous with oil to avoid onions getting burnt).
- Add passata (red), salt, sugar and put the lid on. Put 2 handfuls of water in the passata bottles, close and give it a shake and pour them into the saucepan. Turn the heat to medium-low. Put the timer on for 15 minutes. Stir twice between for even heat distribution. The sauce will become lighter in colour (red-orange), lose most of its tangy flavour and thicken a bit as the excess water cooks the sauce and evaporates. Turn off the hob..
- Add chillies and black pepper and stir. Add rosemary and olive oil to the sauce, close the lid and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving. Taste before serving and add salt or sugar to adjust flavour if necessary..
- When serving, first mix a little sauce with some pasta to make the pasta wet. Then pour a dollop of sauce over the pasta and eat when its warm. Goes really well with a balsamic vinegar based salad..
Tomato-based pasta sauces—both homemade and jarred—are generally pretty healthy and have fewer calories than creamy pasta sauces. The nice part about making your own is that you can control the ingredients. Jarred pasta sauces may include excess salt and preservatives. Swapped yellow onion for shallots and added some zaatar and red chili flakes for spice. This easy vegan tomato soup is the perfect appetizer.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this page useful Sharing this page to your mates is the deal Wish that your Easy and tasty vegan tomato sauce for pasta turns your day joyful.