Greetings to everyone out there, back with us in the most interesting receipes page. If you are looking for pleasing Curd rice recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only serve excellent Curd rice recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to curd rice recipe. To make curd rice you need 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
Here are the ingridients that are required to prepare a delicious Curd rice:
- Provide 2 cups of Cooked Rice.
- Provide 1 cup of Curd.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Mustard Seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Urad Dal.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin Seeds.
- Provide 7-8 of Curry Leaves.
- Get 1 of Dry Red Chilli.
- Get 1 1/2 tablespoons of Oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on producing Curd rice:
- Rinse the rice in water for 3-4 times and drain excess water. Add rice, 1½ cups water and salt in a pressure cooker. Close the cooker with a lid and pressure cook the rice for 4-whistles over medium flame or until the rice turns soft..
- Heat the oil in a small tempering pan. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they start to splutter, add urad dal and sauté until dal turns golden brown. Add grated ginger, curry leaves and halved dry red chilli..
- Sauté for a minute. Turn off the flame and let the tempering cool at room temperature..
- Mix steamed rice and salt (only add salt if it is not added while cooking) in a bowl and mash them a bit with the backside of the spoon. Add curd. Mix them well..
- Pour milk over it. Stir with a spoon to mix well. Pour tempering mixture over it. mix properly, now curd rice is ready..
Now add chilli, hing, cashews and curry leaves and allow these to sizzle. Curd rice is quintessential comfort food! Although the word "curd" in India often refers to unsweetened yogurt, this dish of South Indian origin is actually cooked rice which is seasoned and then combined with yogurt. This recipe calls for sour yogurt–most plain yogurt has a sour enough taste, but you can make your own sour yogurt by adding lemon juice to plain yogurt. Curd Rice is a delicious easy south Indian rice recipe where cooked rice is mixed with yogurt and tempering is done to it.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this internet site useful Sharing this internet site to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your Curd rice makes your day joyful.