Hi buddy, welcome back to the most interesting receipes web page. If you are searching for tasty Vendhaya Kali | Fenugreek Balls recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only serve excellent Vendhaya Kali | Fenugreek Balls recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vendhaya kali | fenugreek balls recipe. You can have vendhaya kali Here is how you achieve it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to make a heavenly Vendhaya Kali | Fenugreek Balls:
- You need 2 cups of Par boiled rice (Puzhungalarisi).
- Get 1/2 cup of Urad Dal.
- Use 2 tbsp of Fenugreek (Vendhayam).
Done with the ingridients? Here are the steps on preparing Vendhaya Kali | Fenugreek Balls:
- Wash and soak rice, urad dal and vendhayam, in a bowl for at least 2 to 3 hours. Ratio – 4 Cups of rice : 1 cup of urad dal. Here I have taken 2 cup rice so 1/2 cup urad dal..
- First grind urad dal and fenugreek seeds. Do not grind this into a very smooth paste, grind till it is half done. Once urad dal is half done, it's time to add soaked rice..
- Now let us prepare palm jaggery syrup. In a pan add palm jaggery and add little water. [Note: You can also use jaggery instead of palm jaggery.] Once it starts frothing, remove the scum and filter the syrup..
- Take a thick bottom pan and add 2 tbsp of oil and spread it. Remove the ground rice-urad-fenugreek mixture in the same pan. Add 1/2 cup of water to this fluffy mixture !.
- Mix it well and switch on the flame. Keep Stirring ! Slowly add the filtered palm jaggery syrup and keep stirring. Keep Stirring ! Keep Stirring ! to avoid lumps. Note: Entire process must be cooked in low flame !.
- Adjust sweetness according to your taste. Cook till the mixture leaves the sides and comes to halwa consistency. Note: Wet your hands and touch the mixture; If it is not sticky, then it’ is perfect consistency; If it sticks, then cook for some more minutes. Vendhaya Kali is ready !.
How to make fenugreek seed curry recipe? If you have never tried spicy fenugreek seed curry recipe, this is the time to give it a try. I am sure you will like it. This fenugreek seed curry also known as Vendhaya Kuzhambu (in Tamil) is a well-known dish. A very cooling and healthy sweet, Vendhaya Kali is a popular treat in villages around Tirunelveli.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a good meal. If you find this page useful Sharing this page to your families is the deal Wish that your Vendhaya Kali | Fenugreek Balls makes your day cheerful.