Hello bro n sis, back with us in the most perfect receipes web site. If you are searching for complete Battenburg Cake (gluten free) 🧈 recipe, you are now at the right place. We only provide excellent Battenburg Cake (gluten free) 🧈 recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to battenburg cake (gluten free) 🧈 recipe. To make battenburg cake (gluten free) 🧈 you only need 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
Here are the ingridients that are required to serve a delicious Battenburg Cake (gluten free) 🧈:
- Use 175 g of caster sugar.
- Provide 175 g of butter.
- Use 140 g of gluten free self raising flour (I love doves farm).
- You need 50 g of ground almonds.
- Take 3 of eggs.
- Get 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum.
- Get 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of almond essence.
- Provide of Pink and yellow food colouring gel.
- Use of To assemble:.
- Get 500 g of golden marzipan (pre made or bought).
- Take 1 jar of Apricot conserve.
- You need of Icing sugar for dusting counter.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on preparing Battenburg Cake (gluten free) 🧈:
- Preheat the oven to 160c. Melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds until soft. Once softened, add to a large mixing bowl with the sugar. Whisk to a cream with an electric whisk for 2-3 mins..
- Add the almonds, eggs, baking powder, xanthan gum, vanilla essence and almond essence. Whisk with the electric whisk for 30 seconds to combine..
- Sift in the flour. Fold in with a metal spoon until a smooth mixture has formed..
- Split the mixture equally into two bowls. Add 3 small drops of colouring gel to each bowl and stir. Add more if you want darker colours. Gel works better than liquid colouring as it doesn’t affect the consistency of the cake mix..
- Distribute the mixture into two rectangular tins..
- If you don’t have a battenburg tin loaf tins work well, or use a square tin divided into two..
- Cook at 160c for 15-25 mins. Using long rectangular tins took 18 mins, but it will depend on the size of tin you use. Cook until the cakes start to brown on the top. Use a cake tester or end of a teaspoon to check it’s cooked through in the middle..
- Once fully cooled, use a sharp knife to slice the cake in half long ways..
- Microwave the apricot jam for 30 seconds until runny. Dust a large chopping board or worktop with icing sugar and use a rolling pin to roll out the marzipan so it it big enough to cover all 4 sides of the cake. Use a teaspoon to coat in a layer of jam..
- Carefully lift the cake slices into the centre of marzipan. Use the remaining jam as a glue to hold the segments together..
- Fold the marzipan over the cake. Flip the cake over so the join is at the bottom. Use a sharp knife to cut either end to make them neat. Serve and enjoy!.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a good meal. If you find this web page fruitful Sharing this web site to your families is the deal Wish that your Battenburg Cake (gluten free) 🧈 makes your day cheerful.