Hello guys, welcome back to the most complete receipes web site. If you are looking for complete Spaghetti Squash Boats recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent Spaghetti Squash Boats recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spaghetti squash boats recipe. You can cook spaghetti squash boats using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to prepare a heavenly Spaghetti Squash Boats:
- You need 3 small of spaghetti squash.
- You need 1/3 cup of small curd cottage cheese.
- Use 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped basil.
- You need 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Get 1 of -sauce-.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Provide 1/2 of onion, finely chopped.
- Take 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 14 oz of italian chicken sausage.
- Get 14 oz of crushed tomatoes.
- Take 2 tbsp of chopped basil.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on producing Spaghetti Squash Boats:
- Preheat oven to 400°f.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Bake one hour on a cookie sheet, cut side down, until soft..
- In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, and basil..
- In a large skillet, sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil. Add sausage and cook, breaking up into small pieces until browned and cooked through..
- Add the crushed tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste. Cover, and reduce heat to low, and simmer about 20 minutes. Add the basil..
- When squash is cooked, let cool about 10 minutes. When it's cool enough to handle, use a fork to remove the flesh, reserving the shells..
- Place the spaghetti squash on paper toweling to soak up any excess liquid. Then mix with HALF the sauce. Divide the squash mixture evenly between the shells..
- Top the filled shells with remaining sauce, cottage cheese mixture, and mozzarella cheese, dividing each evenly among your "boats"..
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until hot and cheese is melted..
The perfect dinner to keep things fresh. These stuffed spaghetti squash boats are a hearty meal that's perfect for fall and winter! It won't weigh you down, and you get your protein and veggies at the same time. Spaghetti squash is stuffed with a savory filling of spicy Italian sausage, tomato sauce, veggies, and aromatics. A pasta substitute or any variation on pasta dishes is a great way to use spaghetti squash.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a good meal. If you find this page helpful Sharing this web page to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your Spaghetti Squash Boats turns your day joyful.