Hello bro n sis, welcome back to the most pleasing receipes web site. If you are looking for excellent Southern skillet Cornbread recipe, you are now at the right place. We only prepare excellent Southern skillet Cornbread recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to southern skillet cornbread recipe. You can cook southern skillet cornbread using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
Here are the ingridients that are required to prepare a tasty Southern skillet Cornbread:
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of cornmeal.
- Provide 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Use 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Provide 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Take 1 can of cream style corn.
- Take 2 of Jalapeños seeded and minced…..(optional).
- Get 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter. (1 stick).
- You need 1/4 cup of bacon grease (or additional butter).
Done with the ingridients? Here are the steps on serving Southern skillet Cornbread:
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet on the center rack of the oven..
- While the oven is heating, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, corn, eggs and jalapeños. Slowly whisk in the butter. Whisk the buttermilk mixture into the cornmeal mixture until just combined. Add the bacon grease to the hot cast iron skillet and swirl to make sure entire bottom of the skillet is coated. Pour the batter into the hot skillet, smoothing the top into an even layer..
- While the oven is heating, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk.
- . Bake until the cornbread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, slice into wedges and serve hot..
Southern Skillet Cornbread is great on its own, especially slathered in butter. But it's also such a great base for other flavors and add-ins. Try these variations to add a little extra excitement Southern Style Skillet Cornbread. Growing up, my folks always made that stuff that came. Traditional Southern cornbread relies on coarser cornmeal than in the Northern variety, and little Put the skillet in the oven to preheat.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a appetizing meal. If you find this internet site helpful Sharing this page to your friends is the deal Wish that your Southern skillet Cornbread makes your day joyful.