What’s up friends, welcome back to the most perfect receipes internet site. If you are searching for best Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only prepare excellent Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to thanksgiving leftover baked acorn squash recipe. You can have thanksgiving leftover baked acorn squash using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to make a tasty Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash:
- Prepare 2-4 of whole acorn squash.
- Provide 1 stick of Butter.
- Provide Pinch of Fresh Herbs.
- Prepare 2-4 cups of Brown sugar.
- Use Dash of Honey.
- Use 1 of box/bag Brown rice and/or Quinoa (or leftover if available).
- Use 1 tablespoon of Olive oil.
- Provide 1 of Sweet Orange pepper.
- Use 1 of Sweet Yellow pepper.
- Take 1 of yellow onion.
- Provide of Leftover turkey.
- Provide of Leftover corn.
- Take of Leftover stuffing.
- Prepare of Leftover cranberry sauce.
- Prepare of Leftover Marshmallows.
- Use of Baked Squash Seeds.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the steps on producing Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash:
- Preheat Oven to 375°. Wash and cut acorn squash into halves. Scoop out all the seeds and set aside. Place squash onto a baking sheet or dish. Cut stick of butter, placing 2-3 pats into each squash half according to size. Add a pinch of leftover herbs from making your Thanksgiving Turkey, I had some thyme leftover, but use what you have and/or prefer. *(If you already have leftover cooked acorn squash halves then skip this step and cut the time in half!).
- Next, place 1/2 cup brown sugar into each squash half on top of the butter and herbs. Drizzle honey across each squash along the edges and inside middles. Place in the oven for 30-35 to soften up while you prepare the filling. *(If you already have leftover cooked acorn squash halves then skip this step!).
- Slice yellow and orange peppers and sweet onion. Saute veggies in oil, then make the rice and/or quinoa according to instructions. *(We didnt have rice or quinoa leftover from our feast so I used a one skillet meal starter with quinoa and brown rice. If you have leftover rice or quinoa to use then skip this step!).
- When skillet mix is finished, add leftover turkey (shredded or diced) to the mix. Add leftover corn also and mix well. Cover and set aside..
- Remove acorn squash from heat and allow to cool slightly, while you make the baked seeds..
- Leave oven at 375°. Remove all seeds from squash insides and place into a bowl. Wash and rinse well. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and lay seeds out into a flat layer. Spray a layer of cooking spray across the tops of seeds. Immediately after spraying, dust tops with cinnamon and sugar. Bake for 15-20 mins until toasty. Then remove and let cool. *(If you already have some baked seeds use what you have and skip this step!).
- Now, using a spoon place leftover stuffing and quinoa/rice mix with leftover turkey and corn into the baked acorn squash halves..
- Finally, Preheat the oven to 400°. Place a scoop of leftover cranberry sauce onto each mixture filled acorn squash half. Top with leftover marshmallows (if you use these from your sweet potato recipes) and drizzle honey across tops. Place into Oven..
- Bake stuffed acorn squash for 25-35 mins until marshmallow is melted and insides are warm. Remove from heat. Top with baked seeds. Serve & Enjoy!.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a appetizing meal. If you find this internet site useful Sharing this web site to your acquaintances is the deal Wish that your Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash makes your day joyful.