Hello friends, welcome back to the most pleasing receipes internet site. If you are looking for yummy Cherry & Coconut Bakewell Slice recipe, you are now at the right place. We only serve excellent Cherry & Coconut Bakewell Slice recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cherry & coconut bakewell slice recipe. To cook cherry & coconut bakewell slice you only need 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to cook a heavenly Cherry & Coconut Bakewell Slice:
- Prepare of For the Sweet Shortcrust Pastry.
- Get 200 g of plain flour.
- You need 100 g of butter, fridge cold & cubed.
- You need 1 of medium egg, beaten & fridge cold.
- Get 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Get 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- Provide 2 Tbsp of very cold water.
- Get of For the filling.
- Prepare 200 g of sugar.
- Prepare 3 of free range eggs.
- Use 200 g of unsalted butter, softened.
- Take 1 tsp of almond extract.
- Get 4 Tbsp of plain flour.
- Get 1 tbsp of whole milk.
- Get 8 TBSP of black/morello cherry jam.
- Provide 12-13 of fresh whole cherries, pitted & halved.
- Provide 120 g of ground almonds.
- You need 130 g of desiccated coconut.
- Take of For the icing.
- Take 200 g of icing sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of almond extract.
- Provide 2 Tbsp of cold water.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on preparing Cherry & Coconut Bakewell Slice:
- Place the plain flour and the unsalted butter in a bowl and rub together to a crumb consistency. Add the zest..
- Add the beaten egg, lemon juice and water, and mix together using your hands..
- Tip out onto a lightly floured surface and fold until the pastry comes together, be careful not to over mix. Wrap the pastry in cling film and chill for 10 mins. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and get a 8x8inch square loose-bottomed baking tin ready..
- While the pastry is cooling, make the filling. Beat together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for a good minute for each one. Add the flour and mix gently until combined. Finally add the coconut and almonds and fold in. Add the milk if the mixture needs loosening a bit..
- Roll out the pastry, a pound coin’s width and line your pastry case with it..
- Spread a layer of jam over the pastry. Spread the filling mixture over the top as evenly as possible, taking it right into the corners. Gently press the cherries evenly into the top of the filling so you can still see them..
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden and set. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely in the tin..
- Making the icing by combining icing sugar, almond extract and water in a bowl until smooth..
- When the bakewell has fully cooled, top with icing and cut into equal slices. Enjoy!.
With Melanie Griffith, David Andrews, Pamela Gidley, Jennifer Balgobin. He hires a sexy renegade tracker to find an exact duplicate of his android wife. Based in America's Heartland, Cherry Americas is one of the world's leading manufacturers of computer input devices – focusing on applications for offices, industry, security, and German-engineered switches for mechanical keyboards. These elegant blintzes can be served as an attractive dessert or a brunch entree. The bright cherry sauce gives them a delightful flavor.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this site helpful Sharing this web page to your buddies is the deal Wish that your Cherry & Coconut Bakewell Slice makes your day cheerful.