What’s up buddy, back with us in the most interesting receipes internet site. If you are looking for tasty Boozy Christmas Cake recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent Boozy Christmas Cake recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to boozy christmas cake recipe. You can have boozy christmas cake using 26 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to serve a perfect Boozy Christmas Cake:
- Use of For the fruit soaker.
- Get 600 g of luxury dried fruit (a mix of raisins, currants, sultanas, cranberries, mixed peel).
- Prepare 200 g of glacé cherries, halved, rinsed and thoroughly dried.
- Use 120 g of pitted dates, chopped.
- Use 80 g of crystallised ginger, chopped.
- Prepare of Zest 1 orange.
- Get of Zest 1 lemon.
- Use 250 ml of brandy (Get at least one 70cl bottle, as you'll need the rest for the tipple/feed).
- Provide 250 ml of sherry or madeira.
- Prepare 250 ml of orange juice.
- Get 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Get 2 tsp of almond extract.
- Use of For the Cake.
- Use 250 g of butter, softened.
- Prepare 250 g of light or dark muscavado sugar.
- Get 4 of eggs.
- Get 1 tbsp of black treacle.
- You need 75 g of blanched almonds, chopped.
- Get 250 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of mixed spice.
- Get 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Get of For the decoration/cake covering.
- Provide 150 g of apricot jam.
- You need 1 KG of marzipan.
- Take 1 KG of ready-to-roll icing.
- Use of Icing sugar, for dusting.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on producing Boozy Christmas Cake:
- Get started on the soaker at least 7 days before you want to make the cake. Put all the soaker ingredients in a large bowl and mix very well. Leave covered in a cool, dry place for 7 days and give a stir every 2 days..
- After 7 days, grease and line a 23cm/9inch deep cake tin with a double layer of greaseproof paper (bottom and sides). Tip the fruit soaker into a sieve and leave to drain without pressing down (don't tip the liquid away! It's beautiful. Keep this and use for other things, make a syrup, or use in a mince pie filling!). Preheat your oven to 120 C fan..
- Put the butter, sugar and treacle into a mixing bowl and beat until pale and fluffy (15 mins). Slowly add the eggs one by one, beating for a few minutes between each egg. Add the almonds, flour, ground mixed spice and ground ginger and mix very gently. Fold in the soaker fruit..
- Pour the mix into the prepared tin and level surface. Bake in the centre of the oven for about 4 hours, or until firm, rich golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean..
- As soon as the cake is out of the oven, leave it in the tin and pierce the cake all over several times with a skewer and evenly drizzle around 5-6 TBSP brandy. Leave to cool completely on a wire rack in the tin and let it soak up the booze..
- When the cake is completely cold, remove from the tin without removing the lining paper and wrap in another double layer of greaseproof paper and then again in one layer of foil. (You don’t remove the lining paper when storing as this helps to keep the cake moist.) Pop in an airtight container and leave in a cool, dry place until 1 week before you want to serve, and keep feeding the cake with a few TBSP brandy once a week..
- 1.5 weeks before you want to serve, stop feeding the cake, to ensure its not too damp on the outside for decorating. The week before you want to serve, begin covering the cake..
- To begin covering the cake, unwrap it and discard the greaseproof paper and foil. Put your cake on a serving plate or board. Put your apricot jam in a small pan and bring to the boil. Brush the entire cake with the boiled jam.
- Dust your work surface with a little icing sugar and gently knead your marzipan until its warm and pliable. Roll out your marzipan around £1 thick and large enough to cover the entire cake. Place it over the glazed cake and gently smooth it down so it sticks nicely..
- Take your icing and do exactly as you did with the marzipan (knead and roll only). Just before placing the icing on top of your cake, brush the marzipan with boiled water or a strong spirit alcohol (like brandy or whisky). This is to prevent the cake from going bad from any moisture and to allow the icing to stick. Place the icing over the cake and smooth down so this sticks. Trim the edges neatly for a clean finish..
- You will likely have leftover icing and marzipan. Feel free to get creative with this to add any further decorations on top. Enjoy!.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this web page useful Sharing this page to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your Boozy Christmas Cake turns your day cheerful.