Hi people, back with us in the most perfect receipes site. If you are looking for pleasing Gooseberry Jam recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only serve excellent Gooseberry Jam recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to gooseberry jam recipe. You can cook gooseberry jam using 4 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a yummy Gooseberry Jam:
- Provide 1 kg of Gooseberries.
- Provide 1 kg of Granulated Sugar.
- Use 400 ml of Water.
- Use of Juice from half a lemon.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on cooking Gooseberry Jam:
- Top and tail the gooseberries with a sharp knife 🔪.
- Wash and weigh the gooseberries.
- Put them in a large saucepan or a jam pan.
- Put some small plates or saucers in the freezer..
- Sterilise your jam jars by washing with hot soapy water. Then dry in the oven at 120 Degrees C..
- Bring the gooseberries to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes until the fruit is soft and broken down… in any big bits remain give them a squash with a wooden spoon. Keep stirring so you don’t burn the bottom..
- Lower the heat and weigh the sugar. Add the sugar and stir… keep stirring until the sugar has fully dissolved and you can’t feel any crystals….
- Once the sugar has dissolved boil the jam hard for 10 minutes. If you have a thermometer keep it just above 100..
- Skim the surface to remove any impurities that will float to the surface..
- Grab one of your plates from the freezer and drip a little jam on it. If it is ready you should be able to tilt the plate and see the surface of the jam wrinkle. If not boil for another 5 minutes and test again until it sets..
- Pour the jam into your jars… Cover the surface of the jam with a wax disk and lid, or cover….
And the riper the gooseberry, the pinker your jam will be. Gooseberry Jam is one of my favorite jam flavors ever! This recipe is super simple to make and it This Gooseberry Jam is such a delicious addition to your Fall store cupboard! Store it in a cool dark. Gooseberries are naturally high in pectin, so you don't need pectin for this easy jam recipe!
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a good meal. If you find this site useful Sharing this site to your friends is the deal Hope that your Gooseberry Jam makes your day joyful.