Hi people, welcome back to the most complete receipes site. If you are searching for tasty Kerala Style – Kuruku Kalan recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only provide excellent Kerala Style – Kuruku Kalan recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala style – kuruku kalan recipe. You can have kerala style – kuruku kalan using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to cook a delicious Kerala Style – Kuruku Kalan:
- Take 1 cup of diced Yam.
- Use 1 cup of diced raw banana.
- Use 1 cup of white pumpkin.
- Use 1 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Use For of Coconut Paste:.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated coconut.
- Provide 2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Get 2 of green chillies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper and salt.
- Take 1 clove of Garlic (chopped).
- Get 1 tsp of Fenugreek (Methi) powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of curd.
- You need 2 tbsp of Coconut oil.
- Get 2 tsp of Mustard seed.
- Get 1 tsp of Fenugreek (Methi) seed.
- Get 8-10 of curry leaves.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the steps on producing Kerala Style – Kuruku Kalan:
- In a pan, pour about 500 ml of water..
- Once it starts bubbling, add 1 cup diced yam, 1 cup raw banana, 1 cup white pumpkin, 1 tsp Turmeric Powder and salt to taste. Close and cook for 20 mins..
- Meanwhile in a grinder jar add 1 cup grated coconut, 2 Tsp cumin seeds, 2 green chillies, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 clove of garlic. Grind to a fine paste..
- After 20 mins add the coconut paste to the cooked veggies. Stir it in without mashing the veggies..
- Stir in 1 tsp Fenugreek (Methi) powder and 1 cup of curd. Adjust salt to taste..
- For Tempering in a pan, 2 tbl spn Coconut oil, 2 tsp Mustard seed, 1 tsp Fenugreek (Methi) seed, 8-10 curry leaves. Stir it in to the curry gently.
- Kuruku Kalan is ready to be served. This is an authentic Kerala dish prepared during Onam Festival. Enjoy the delicious gravy with hot steamed rice. Best if it is Matta Rice..
Usually kalan recipe Kerala style is prepared with Chena /Elephant Foot /Yam and Pachakkaya /Raw Plantain. Today let us learn how to prepare Kalan (Onam Sadhya Special) following this easy Kalan recipe. Cook yam and bananas in butter milk with turmeric powder till they get soft. Traditionally Nadumuttom or central open court yard used to be there in bigger houses of Kerala. Search by Style Contemporary House Traditional House Kerala Style Classical House Box Type House Bungalow House Small House Villa House Duplex House Budget House.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a well done meal. If you find this site fruitful Sharing this internet site to your acquaintances is the deal Wish that your Kerala Style – Kuruku Kalan makes your day joyful.