Hi buddy, welcome back to the most interesting receipes blog. If you are searching for interesting Sabut Masoor Dal (Whole Red Lentil Curry) recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only prepare excellent Sabut Masoor Dal (Whole Red Lentil Curry) recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sabut masoor dal (whole red lentil curry) recipe. You can cook sabut masoor dal (whole red lentil curry) using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to serve a delicious Sabut Masoor Dal (Whole Red Lentil Curry):
- You need 1 cup of whole masoor dal with skin, soaked overnight.
- You need 1 tsp. of ginger, chopped.
- Use 2 of green chilies.
- Provide 2 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of fennel seeds.
- Use 1" of cinnamon stick.
- Get 3 of green cardamoms.
- You need 6 of cloves.
- Use 1 of onion, chopped.
- Use 1 tsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- You need 1 tsp. of tomato paste.
- Take 1 tsp. of coriander powder.
- Provide 1 tsp. of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need 1 of tomato, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp. of kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves), crushed.
- You need 1 tsp. of lime juice.
- Use 1 tbsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on preparing Sabut Masoor Dal (Whole Red Lentil Curry):
- Pressure cook the dal in 2 cups water along with 1 tsp. oil, turmeric powder, green chilies and ginger for 10 minutes on a low flame after the first whistle..
- Heat remaining oil in a pan & temper with cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, cumin seeds & fennel seeds. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add the onion and fry till light brown. Add ginger-garlic paste, tomato paste & all the remaining dry spices (except salt) mixed with a little water. Fry till the oil separates..
- Now add the tomatoes and continue to fry till it is mashed..
- Pour over the boiled dal, salt and 1 cup water. Adjust water according to the consistency required..
- When done, add the kasuri methi and lime juice. Mix well and keep it covered for 4-5 minutes. Then garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice or chapattis..
This dal is vegan and gluten-free and pairs well with rice, quinoa, roti. These are whole brown lentils and they have such a distinct taste. You don't really need a ton of spices to make this dal flavorful. Whole Masoor Dal (sabut masoor or Whole red lentils) is one of the easiest dals to cook, on account of its small size. This recipe makes a sort of thick curry with the whole masoor dal, which can be had with rotis, parathas or even with rice.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this page helpful Sharing this internet site to your acquaintances is the deal Wish that your Sabut Masoor Dal (Whole Red Lentil Curry) makes your day cheerful.