What’s up friends, welcome back to the most complete receipes site. If you are looking for delicious Seville orange marmalade recipe, you are now at the right place. We only prepare excellent Seville orange marmalade recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to seville orange marmalade recipe. To cook seville orange marmalade you need 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a tasty Seville orange marmalade:
- Use 1 of and a half kilos seville oranges.
- You need 2 of unwaxed lemons.
- Get 3 of kilos golden granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3 litres of water.
- Prepare 1 piece of muslin (a man's handkerchief would do).
Done with the ingridients? Below are the sequences on preparing Seville orange marmalade:
- Place a colander over your jam pan and cut your fruit in half then squeeze all the pips and pith from the lemons and oranges into the colander. The juice will drip into the pan..
- Wrap the pips and pith in the muslin and tie it up so nothing can escape,.
- Finely slice all the orange and lemon peel and place it in the pan with 3 litres of water and the muslin..
- Simmer fruit with lid off for about 2 hours. Fruit skin should be extremely soft and melt when you squeeze it between your fingers. The amount of water in the pan should have roughly halved..
- Remove muslin bag and leave to cool..
- Once it cool enough to handle squeeze all the jelly like substance muslin produces into the jam pan and stir into the fruit..
- Add 3 kilos of golden granulated sugar and stir until melted..
- Turn the heat up and rapidly boil the jam for about 15 minutes or until it reaches setting point. Turn off the jam and test for setting point..
- Keep some saucers in the freezer for this. Dab a splodge of marmalade on the saucer and put it back in the freezer to cool for a couple of minutes. Then drag your finger through the jam. A skin should have formed. If its not ready reheat for a couple more minutes..
- Once setting point is reached turn cooker off and leave jam to stand for 15 minutes or all the fruit will rise to the top. Stir gently. I use a measuring jug to pour the hot marmalade into sterilised jars. You can put wax discs on top of the marmalade before you put the screw tops on if you want to. (I don't bother!).
- If for some reason jam doesn't set simply reboil and retest for setting.
All Reviews for Classic Seville Orange Marmalade. Classic Seville Orange Marmalade. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Spread some vibrant seasonal Seville orange marmalade on toast for a deliciously fruity breakfast treat. Discover this marmalade recipe at Tesco Real Food. The bitter Seville orange is the most traditional and arguably the finest marmalade fruit of all.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a enjoyable meal. If you find this internet site fruitful Sharing this internet site to your acquaintances is the deal Wish that your Seville orange marmalade makes your day joyful.