What’s up buddy, back with us in the most pleasing receipes web site. If you are looking for best Thai Style Red Chicken Curry recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Thai Style Red Chicken Curry recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai style red chicken curry recipe. To cook thai style red chicken curry you only need 26 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to serve a heavenly Thai Style Red Chicken Curry:
- You need 500 gms of Chicken pieces (I use some boneless and some bone in).
- Prepare 1 of big Potato.
- You need 1 of big Carrot.
- Get 2 of chopped Onion.
- Take 4-5 of chopped Garlic.
- You need 1 inch of chopped Galangal/Ginger.
- Use 1-2 of chopped fresh red Chilli.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin powder.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of Curry powder/Coriander powder.
- Get 400 ml of Coconut milk (I used can).
- You need 3 tablespoons of Cooking oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Use 2 tablespoons of red Curry paste.
- You need As required of Spring onion, Mint leaves to garnish.
- Prepare for of Red curry paste–.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of Ginger-Garlic paste.
- Use 2 sticks of Lemon grass(if not available add 1 lemon leave).
- Take 5-6 of dry red Chillies (soaked for an hour with hot water).
- Provide 5-6 of stock of Coriander stem (optional, I didn't use).
- You need 1 of Zest of Lemon.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Lemon juice.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Get 1 teaspoon of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin powder.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of Curry powder/Coriander powder.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on cooking Thai Style Red Chicken Curry:
- Soak 5-6 red chilli in hot water for an hour..
- Chop lemon grass in small pieces. If you don't get them use chopped fresh lemon leave..
- To make curry paste take a grinder jar and add in soaked red chillies, ginger-garlic paste, lemon grass,lemon zest, cumin powder, curry powder/coriander powder, sugar, salt and lemon juice..
- Grind to a smooth paste with little water. Keep aside. If you like you can also add some chopped coriander stem during grinding. I personally don't like it's taste and hence didn't add..
- Take 500 g chicken. I used both bone in and some boneless. You can use only boneless pieces if you like. Chicken with bone gives more flavour to the dish..
- I also used some veggies like potato and carrot. You can skip using them or you can use other veggies also you like. I used carrot as it's sweetness help to balance the pungency of the curry..
- Heat a saucepan with 3 tablespoons of cooking oil. Saute chopped ginger-garlic and red chilli for 15-20 seconds..
- Add in chopped onion and cook until they become soft..
- Now add in prepared red curry paste and stir well to fry for 2 minutes. Your kitchen will fill with aroma of lemon grass..
- Add in 2 tablespoons of water to prevent the spices from burning..
- Add in chicken pieces, stir well to mix..
- Also add in the potato and carrot pieces, cumin powder, curry powder, turmeric powder and salt..
- Stir well so that everything incorporates nicely and then add in 2 cups of hot water..
- Cover and cook in medium heat for 30 minutes or until chicken and veggies cook completely..
- Open unshaken can of coconut milk. Spoon out 1 tablespoon of thick coconut cream from the top to garnish.Keep aside..
- When chicken and veggies cook completely, add in the coconut milk to the curry. Keep flame in low heat so that milk doesn't curdle in hot curry..
- Cook the curry in medium heat for further 5 minutes to come to a boil. Adjust seasoning. The taste should be pungent with slight sweetness. Remove from heat..
- Transfer to serving bowl, garnish with coconut cream, spring onion and mint leaves..
- Serve with some thai jesmine rice..
If you are a lover of Thai food you will be a huge fan of this meal! Resolution of the year: eat more Thai food. My love for Thai food knows absolutely no bounds. There are a few ingredients you'll need to ensure you get the most flavor out of this curry; coconut milk, Thai red curry paste, kaffir lime leaves and lemongrass. I can find them all at my local grocery store, but I've provided you with links on the ingredients to get the products on amazon if you cannot.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this internet site fruitful Sharing this page to your acquaintances is the deal Wish that your Thai Style Red Chicken Curry turns your day cheerful.