What’s up guys, back with us in the most excellent receipes internet site. If you are searching for excellent Rabbit with red sauce from Zakynthos recipe, you are now at the best place. We only provide excellent Rabbit with red sauce from Zakynthos recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to rabbit with red sauce from zakynthos recipe. To make rabbit with red sauce from zakynthos you only need 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to produce a remarkably good Rabbit with red sauce from Zakynthos:
- Take 1 of rabbit.
- You need of For the marinade.
- Prepare 2 cups of good quality vinegar or red wine.
- Get 5-6 of bay leaves.
- You need of coarse salt.
- You need of freshly ground pepper.
- Take 1 of cinammon stick.
- Use of For cooking.
- Provide 1/2 cup of wine.
- Provide 5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of small dry onion.
- Get 2-3 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 of cinammon stick.
- Use 5-6 of cloves.
- You need 1 tbsp of (full) tomato paste.
- You need 2 cups of oil.
- Prepare 1 piece of grated ladotyri (cheese preserved in olive oil).
- Take of oregano, as much as you like.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on serving Rabbit with red sauce from Zakynthos:
- Leave the rabbit to marinate overnight or at least for 4 hours in the marinade..
- Drain the rabbit in a strainer so that all the liquids from the marinade are gone.
- And fry it in olive oil until it gets golden brown on all sides..
- Put the fried pieces in a wide and shallow pot so that they are arranged one next to the other and chop the garlic and onion over the rabbit..
- Put the pot on the stove and pour the oil that you fried the rabbit in over the meat, after you have passed it through a sieve, or if you want the dish to be light add 1 cup of fresh oil..
- Sauté with the onion and garlic taking care not to burn them and pour the wine over the rabbit..
- Let the alcohol evaporate and add the herbs and the tomato paste, diluted in a glass of water..
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for about 1 hour, until the rabbit is tender..
- If necessary, add a little bit of water during simmering but little by little so that the sauce is not watered down..
- Remove from heat and cut chunks of the ladotyri over the meat, by hand, don't use a grater and season with a little bit of oregano!.
- Leave the lid on so that the cheese melts and the rabbit has more flavor, while you prepare what you will accompany it with..
Diced rabbit cooked in a wonderfully flavoured white wine sauce with a dash of chilli heat, served with simply roasted fennel on the side. This rich and creamy roasted red pepper sauce is loaded with amazing flavors from red peppers, roasted garlic cloves, Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. This post may contain affiliate links which won't change your price but will share some commission. Went to the Red Rabbit because of trip advisor reviews. Wanted a reasonable priced dinner with inventive food.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this site helpful Sharing this web site to your acquaintances is the deal Wish that your Rabbit with red sauce from Zakynthos turns your day cheerful.