Hi buddy, welcome back to the most interesting receipes site. If you are looking for complete Vickys Roasted Vegetable Strudel, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free, Vegetarian Christmas Dinner recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only prepare excellent Vickys Roasted Vegetable Strudel, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free, Vegetarian Christmas Dinner recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys roasted vegetable strudel, gluten, dairy, egg & soy-free, vegetarian christmas dinner recipe. You can cook vickys roasted vegetable strudel, gluten, dairy, egg & soy-free, vegetarian christmas dinner using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to make a remarkably good Vickys Roasted Vegetable Strudel, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free, Vegetarian Christmas Dinner:
- Prepare 6 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of parsnip.
- You need 1 of sweet potato.
- You need 1 of turnip/swede.
- Get 1 of red onion cut into wedges.
- Use 2 clove of garlic.
- Use 6 of sheets of filo pastry, see my profile (vic20adamant) for a free-from recipe.
- Get 1 of oil & sunflower spread for greasing.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- Take 1 of any other preferred seasoning.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on preparing Vickys Roasted Vegetable Strudel, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free, Vegetarian Christmas Dinner:
- Preheat your oven to gas 5 / 190C / 375°F.
- Peel and dice the carrots, parsnip, potato and swede so they're roughly the same size and put onto a baking tray with the onion wedges. Finely chop the garlic and add it too then give the whole thing a drizzle of oil and season with salt & pepper and any other seasonings of your choice eg paprika, mixed herbs etc.
- Toss to combine and roast for 35 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and golden. Cool on the tray for 10 minutes and turn the oven down to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F.
- Layer the 6 filo sheets onto a large greased baking tray and brush the top sheet with sunflower spread around the edges. Spoon the cooled veg in a line down the centre of the pastry sheet and wrap it over the top of the filling to create a firm sausage shape.
- Brush the next filo sheet with dairy-free spread around the edges and wrap it over the first sheet. Continue this process until all of the sheets have been buttered and wrapped around the filling, then brush spread all over the top and sides of the finished strudel.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden. Slice into quarters and serve with a nice green salad.
- Great if you have any other leftover vegetables – I often add onion, baby corn, asparagus, squash, anything I have sitting around! A squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of sugar tastes great over the roasted veg too.
While most people tend to think "apple strudel," strudels can be sweet or savory. While seasonal fruits are popular fillings, some sweet strudels are fruit-free, filled instead with soft, sweetened cheese (), poppy seeds, or nuts. Savory strudels are filled with cheeses, meats, seafood or vegetables. Toss vegetables, feta cheese, and thyme in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Spread vegetable mixture over evenly over the stacks of phyllo dough.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a well done meal. If you find this web page useful Sharing this web page to your mates is the deal Hope that your Vickys Roasted Vegetable Strudel, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free, Vegetarian Christmas Dinner makes your day joyful.