What’s up friends, back with us in the most interesting receipes web site. If you are looking for delicious Grandmothers Pastie (pass-tee) recipe recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only prepare excellent Grandmothers Pastie (pass-tee) recipe recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to grandmothers pastie (pass-tee) recipe recipe. You can cook grandmothers pastie (pass-tee) recipe using 13 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to serve a appetizing Grandmothers Pastie (pass-tee) recipe:
- Take of crust.
- Prepare 2 cup of flour.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1/2 cup of cold water.
- Provide 2/3 cup of crisco.
- Prepare of filling.
- Provide 3/4 lb of ground chuck.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- Provide 1/2 cup of diced rutabaga or carrots.
- Use 3 cup of diced potatoes.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Use 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Get 2 tbsp of dried parsley or 1/3 c fresh.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on preparing Grandmothers Pastie (pass-tee) recipe:
- cut Crisco shortening into flour and salt mixture.
- add water.
- mix and knead well.
- form into four balls of equal size.
- chill dough balls in refrigerator for 1hour.
- after chilling roll balls into 8 inch circles using plenty of flour to prevent sticking.
- brush edges with milk.
- mix f8long ingredients together.
- put 1 cup filling on one side of rolled out dough.
- fold over and seal edge by rolling it over it pressing with a fork.
- cut a small slit in top of each Pastie for steam.
- brush top with milk.
- put on cookie sheet and bake on lower oven rack 25 min.
- then middle oven rack 20 minutes.
- remove from oven and cool 15 minutes before serving.
- some people like brown gravey or ketchup on their pasties I prefer mine plain.
Recipes vary, but the most common ingredients are minced meat, onion. The history of the Cornish pasty or pastie (pronounced PASS-tee) is a fun and interesting one. These individual meat and vegetable pies were traditionally two pounds or more, and each member of the family has their initials marked at one corner. Thank you friend for passing on the recipe and history. Pasties (Pass + tees) are traditional hand pies that originated in England, and were eaten as lunch by miners.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this internet site fruitful Sharing this page to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your Grandmothers Pastie (pass-tee) recipe makes your day joyful.