What’s up buddy, welcome back to the most excellent receipes internet site. If you are looking for interesting Earl Grey tea loaf recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only serve excellent Earl Grey tea loaf recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to earl grey tea loaf recipe. You can have earl grey tea loaf using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to produce a heavenly Earl Grey tea loaf:
- You need 5 of Earl Grey tea bags.
- Take 300 g of raisins.
- Get 100 g of apricots, chopped to the size of the raisins.
- Use 1 of orange or clementine, zest and juice.
- Get 1 tbsp of orange flower water.
- Use 1 of egg.
- Use 200 g of light soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 400 g of self-raising flour.
- Get 1 tbsp of mixed spice.
- Take 25 g of flaked almonds.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the steps on preparing Earl Grey tea loaf:
- Brew your tea-bags with 300ml boiling water. Leave for at least five minutes..
- Put the raisins and apricots into a pan, pour over your tea, and bring to the boil. Leave for about an hour, both for the fruit to plump up in the tea and for everything to cool down..
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4, butter and line your loaf tin..
- Add the orange flower water to the fruit mixture and grate over the orange zest..
- Beat together the eggs and the sugar, either in a freestanding mixer or by hand..
- Mix in the sieved flour and spice..
- Stir in the fruit, the tea, and the juice of the orange, and mix well..
- Scrape this sweet-smelling batter into your loaf tin, smooth down the top, scatter over the almonds, and put into the centre of your oven..
- Bake for one hour, test with a skewer or toothpick. Give it another ten minutes if batter still sticks to your tester..
- When cooked, allow the loaf to cool in its tin on a rack, before turning out..
- Best served with a hot cup of tea and a good old chinwag..
It's an Apricot and Earl Grey Fruit Loaf, and I'm eating it right now. Beautiful soft texture with bursts of fruity sweetness and the occasional bergamot explosion of the Earl Grey tea. I based this loaf around SourDoms Basic Fruit Bread, so thank you Dom for such a great loaf. Earl Grey tea, believe it or not, is not its own category of tea. It falls into the category of flavored teas.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a well done meal. If you find this internet site fruitful Sharing this web site to your acquaintances is the deal Wish that your Earl Grey tea loaf makes your day cheerful.