What’s up buddy, welcome back to the most complete receipes web page. If you are looking for complete Japanese Sweet Potato Rice recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Japanese Sweet Potato Rice recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to japanese sweet potato rice recipe. You can have japanese sweet potato rice using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
Here are the ingridients that are required to produce a tasty Japanese Sweet Potato Rice:
- Use 1 of Japanese sweet potato/yam (satsuma-imo).
- Get 360 ml of Japanese white rice or short grain white rice (2 Japanese rice cups).
- You need 400 ml of water.
- You need 1 Tbsp of sake (optional).
- Use 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Use of black sesame seeds.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the steps on cooking Japanese Sweet Potato Rice:
- Wash the rice in a fine strainer or bowl until the water is not cloudy anymore. Scrub the dirt off the sweet potato but leave the skin on. Cut the potato into 1 cm round slices..
- Put rice in a medium pot or your rice cooker. Pour in the water and sake and mix in the salt. Lay the sweet potato slices on top – you don't need to mix it. If using the rice cooker, just turn it on and wait til it's done! For using a pot, see next step..
- If using the pot, cover with a lid, and turn the heat on medium. Listen until you can hear the water start to simmer in the pot, then set a timer for 11 minutes and let it cook. Turn off the heat and let it sit without taking off the lid for 20 minutes..
- After 20 minutes, it's ready! Lightly mix in the sweet potatoes into the rice with a wet rice spoon or spatula. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds and serve! (or make onigiri :).
Cut them into ½ inch cubes. Add the sweet potato cubes over the rice in the pot. Open the lid and turn over the rice and the sweet potato with a wooden spoon. Japanese Sweet Potato and Rice – Shojin Ryori Food.com. sweet potatoes, medium-grain rice, salt, sake. Benefits of Japanese yams not only have a sweet and delicious taste and not easily destroyed like a local sweet potato, but also contains many essential nutrients to maintain body health and cure diseases so it is advisable to be consumed as a substitute for daily rice.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this page useful Sharing this web site to your friends is the deal Hope that your Japanese Sweet Potato Rice turns your day cheerful.