Hello guys, back with us in the most interesting receipes blog. If you are looking for tasty Dal dhokli recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Dal dhokli recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to dal dhokli recipe. You can have dal dhokli using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to cook a tasty Dal dhokli:
- Prepare 2 cups of Wheat flour.
- Provide 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Get 1 tsp of ajwain (carom seeds).
- Provide To taste of salt.
- Use 2 tbsp of oil to knead.
- Prepare as required of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of cooked tuvar dal.
- Get As needed of jaggery.
- Use 2 of kokum / little tamarind pulp.
- Prepare For of Tempering–.
- Provide 2-3 tbsp of oil.
- Provide 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Use 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Get Pinch of hing.
- Provide 2 tsp of Groundnuts.
- Prepare 6-7 of curry leaves.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on serving Dal dhokli:
- Soak tuvar dal for some time. First pressure cook the tuvar dal in a cooker. Put little oil and haldi into dal. It will help in cooking the dal faster. For kneading the dough take a bowl add wheat flour, turmeric, red chilli powder, ajwain, salt, oil. Mix well, add water little by little and knead it to a little tight dough. Give rest to the dough..
- Now switch on the flame. Keep Kadai, whisk the previously cooked dal and transfer in the kadai, add some water, salt, and allow to boil. Add a spoon of oil into water, so that dough doesn't get stick to one another..
- Now divide the dough into big sized balls. And roll it like chappathi, it should be medium thick. Now cut into square shape. Sprinkle some atta over it so that it does not stick each other..
- Now as in tprevious step you have to make tsquare-shaped dough and drop it in Kadai carefully. Once you placed the dough stir it once. So it does not stick it. Repeat the same process for the remaining dough. Add kokum or tamarind pulp. Add jaggery. Once the dhokli is cooked, it will float on the top. Now for tempering, take a tadka pan add oil, mustard seed, cumin seed, groundnut, hing, turmeric, red chilli powder, curry leaves. And pour it on Kadai. You can adjust the spices as per your taste..
- Put little ghee on top while serving. Dal dhokli is ready to serve..
One of the closest friends of my mom is a Gujarati. It is a traditional dish of Guajarati cuisine generally prepared with dals (lentils) and wheat flour as base ingredients. Dal Dhokli is a traditional Gujarati dish. This recipe consists of spicy whole wheat uncooked roti pieces simmered into dal and cooked to perfection. Dal dhokli has a mild sweet and spicy flavor.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a good meal. If you find this site helpful Sharing this site to your buddies is the deal Hope that your Dal dhokli turns your day cheerful.