What’s up friends, welcome back to the most pleasing receipes page. If you are looking for pleasing Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only provide excellent Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato and carrot soup recipe. You can have sweet potato and carrot soup using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to serve a delicious Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup:
- Provide 3 tbsp of butter.
- Use 1 cup of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground Jamaican all-spice, or all-spice.
- Take 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom.
- Get 4 3/4 cup of sweet potatoes – peeled and cubed.
- You need 3 cup of carrots – peeled and cubed.
- You need 3 1/2 cup of chicken broth, low-sodium.
- Take 3 cup of water.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of fresh grated ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of half & half.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of (optional) sour cream.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on preparing Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup:
- Prep all vegetables. Dice onion. Peel then cut sweet potatoes and carrots to roughly the same size..
- In a small bowl combine and mix well all dry spices, EXCEPT the ginger..
- In a large pot over medium heat melt butter. Add onions and saute about 4-5 minutes, or longer until translucent. Each stove is different so if onions look like they are about to burn turn down the heat. (If you have an electric stove, take the pot off the element for about a minute.) Add spices and stir for 1 minute until fragrant..
- Add sweet potatoes and stir. Add carrots and stir all to combine well..
- Increase heat to high add broth and water. When everything is combined and just beginning to boil add freshly grated ginger..
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 35 minutes. Before going to next step make sure vegetables are cooked through by fork testing..
- Take soup pot off heat element if you have an electric stove. If not, turn off heat. Uncover pot and allow to cool for about 20 minutes before proceeding to next step..
- Working in small batches ladle soup mix into blender. While blending if mixture seems too thick add a little broth. Make sure to blend until very smooth. Pour into separate pot. Repeat until all has been blended. If you have an immersion blender, blend until creamy smooth consistency..
- Once everything is blended add half & half and stir well to combine..
- Optional – When serving add a tablespoon of sour cream to soup..
- For me, this soup tastes better the next day, but sometimes I can't wait that long..
- If there are leftovers, this soup freezes beautifully..
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this page fruitful Sharing this site to your families is the deal Hope that your Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup turns your day cheerful.