Hello bro n sis, back with us in the most interesting receipes web site. If you are looking for tasty Vickys Scottish Chocolate Macaroon Bars, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you are now at the right place. We only serve excellent Vickys Scottish Chocolate Macaroon Bars, GF DF EF SF NF recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys scottish chocolate macaroon bars, gf df ef sf nf recipe. To make vickys scottish chocolate macaroon bars, gf df ef sf nf you need 4 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a tasty Vickys Scottish Chocolate Macaroon Bars, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Prepare 120 grams of cold mashed potatoes.
- You need 480 grams of icing / powdered sugar*.
- Prepare 240 grams of plain chocolate, I use Plamil vegan brand.
- Take 120 grams of dessicated coconut or chopped mixed nuts.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the sequences on preparing Vickys Scottish Chocolate Macaroon Bars, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the mashed potato and icing sugar together until very stiff.
- You may need more than I've stated. This particular time I needed almost 600g icing sugar, it depends which variety of potatoes you use. Starchy are best. The aim is for the mixture to be only slightly sticky to the touch.
- Dust your hands with icing sugar then take heaped tablespoons of the potato mixture and roll into balls between your hands. Set aside on the lined tray and flatten slightly. This can be a bit messy!.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate by blasting in 15 – 30 second increments in the microwave, melting over a bain marie or temper it as shown in my previously posted 'how to temper chocolate' recipe. Set aside to cool a bit.
- Put the coconut / chopped nuts in a bowl and set aside.
- Dip the chilled potato rounds in the melted chocolate, then coat in the coconut / nuts.
- Set on a wire rack over more parchment to catch any drips then place back on the lined tray and freeze for 15 minutes to set.
- Store in a lidded container in the fridge.
- They are very sweet so I use dark chocolate to balance them. You can make the rounds smaller if you like, more bitesize.
- Lees Scottish Macaroon Bars are a very popular confectionery bar in the UK. They come in a rectangular shaped bar.
It's not too much pastry and you can put anything you like Vickys Coconut Chocolate Macaroons GF DF EF SF NF Recipe by [email protected] Free-From Cookbook. The more traditional Scottish macaroon bar recipe would have used potatoes, icing sugar, melted chocolate and toasted desiccated The book A Cook's Tour of Scotland by Sue Lawrence has a traditional macaroon bars recipe using potatoes, icing sugar, chocolate. Scottish Macaroon Bars These are a traditional Scottish sweet. They use up left over mashed potatoes. They are great fun to make with the kids.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a appetizing meal. If you find this web site helpful Sharing this site to your families is the deal Wish that your Vickys Scottish Chocolate Macaroon Bars, GF DF EF SF NF turns your day joyful.