Hello friends, back with us in the most complete receipes web page. If you are looking for excellent Puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero recipe, you are now at the right place. We only provide excellent Puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero recipe. You can cook puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Here are the ingridients that are required to cook a appetizing Puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero:
- Use of Ingredients – main:.
- Take of Organic rapeseed oil.
- Get 400 g of fresh or frozen, cored & de-seeded, chopped, mixed peppers.
- Get 4 of medium sized organic carrots – topped, tailed & diced (no need to peel them if they’re organic).
- Provide 1 of medium to large onion – peeled & chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Take 5 cloves of garlic – peeled & roughly sliced.
- Prepare 3 sticks of celery – roughly chopped.
- You need 300 g of organic Jerusalem artichokes or potatoes (no need to peel them if they’re organic) – top, tailed where needed & diced.
- Take 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Get 3 tbsps of cider vinegar (white wine vinegar, left over cider or white wine will work too).
- Provide 20 of turns of the black pepper grinder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sea salt.
- Get 1 litre of chicken stock.
- Take 200 g of dried puy lentils.
- Take 4 of bay leaves.
- Get 300 g of whole button mushrooms.
- Provide 300 g of roughly chopped cabbage.
- Use of Ingredients – topping:.
- You need 1 of whole Cauliflower including leaves & stem – quartered.
- You need of Cavolo nero.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on preparing Puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero:
- Add around 2 tbsb of the rapeseed oil to a roasting pan and then place the pan in the oven. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Place the quartered cauliflower in the hot roasting pan (you could also add some halved sweet potatoes and large chunks of squash, which are great throughout the week as a side to or as part of lunch time salads). Drizzle around 1 tbsp of the rapeseed oil over the cauliflower (use more oil if you’re adding sweet potato &/or squash). Bake for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- While the cauliflower is baking, heat around 5 tbsps of the rapeseed oil in a large, heavy, cast iron pan with a lid – put the lid to one side. Add the chopped peppers and fry gently for a few minutes, then add the diced carrots..
- Fry them together on a medium to high heat (stirring as necessary) until they begin to go golden brown. Then add the diced carrots and fry for 10 minutes (stirring as necessary)..
- Turn down the heat down low, then add the fennel seeds and onions. Fry gently for about 10 minutes..
- Add the sliced garlic, diced Jerusalem artichokes (or potatoes) and chopped celery. Fry gently for a further 5 minutes..
- Add the smoked paprika, chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Fry gently for a few minutes. Then add the vinegar and deglaze the pan..
- Add the chicken stock, lentils and bay leaves. Then stir..
- Add the whole mushrooms. Do not stir. Put the lid on and turn the heat down to it's lowest setting and leave for about an hour. You may need to gently stir around the 40 minute mark, to ensure the contents do not stick to the bottom of the pan..
- Place the chopped cabbage on top. Do not stir. Replace the lid and simmer for a further 15 minutes..
- Stir & then the stew is ready to serve..
- Serve with the baked cauliflower and some steamed cavolo nero on top..
Served as a side, this green lentil salad is filled with flavour. Chermoula is a…» This sausage and lentil stew is elegant enough to serve at a dinner party, but is still warm and comforting enough to snaffle from a bowl in Do try to get your hands on some good-quality sausages for this dish and make sure to use Puy lentils as they hold their shape far better than other varieties. This healthy veggie stew has real depth of flavour. A North African-style dish that contains three of your five-a-day and is great for feeding the family. Put the stew in a bowl and top with a scoop of feta, a sprinkling of coriander.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a enjoyable meal. If you find this web page useful Sharing this site to your mates is the deal Wish that your Puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero makes your day joyful.