What’s up guys, back with us in the most excellent receipes page. If you are searching for excellent Tex's Pork Steak in Onion Gravy 🐷🍲 recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only serve excellent Tex's Pork Steak in Onion Gravy 🐷🍲 recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tex's pork steak in onion gravy 🐷🍲 recipe. To cook tex's pork steak in onion gravy 🐷🍲 you need 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to produce a heavenly Tex's Pork Steak in Onion Gravy 🐷🍲:
- You need 1 of pork loin steak.
- Take 1 of large onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of groundnut or rapeseed oil.
- Take 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Provide 1 tsp of soft brown sugar.
- Use 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Get of ⚫.
- Use of ⚫ Gravy⚫.
- Provide 3/4 liter (1 1/2 pints) of hot water.
- Take 1 of beef OXO cube.
- Take 2 tbsp of beef gravy granules.
- Get 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Provide 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- You need of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on cooking Tex's Pork Steak in Onion Gravy 🐷🍲:
- Heat a skillet to a high temperature until smoking..
- Brush the pork with the oil. Use an oil with a high smoke point, not olive oil or butter. Fry in the pan for 4 minutes each side, then remove and set aside to rest. If your meat starts to curl, place a saucepan half-filled with water to hold it flat, ensuring even cooking..
- Remove the pork from the pan and allow to rest. Turn the heat down to low, add the oil and butter. Slice the onion quite thickly. Cook low and slow for 5 minutes then add the sugar and half of the vinegar to encourage caramelisation. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- While the onion is cooking prep the gravy. In a jug, stir all the ingredients into the hot water and allow to sit until the onions are done..
- Deglaze the pan by adding the rest of the vinegar and scraping the bottom with a metal spatula. Put the meat back into the pan, increase the heat to medium low, then stir in ¾ of the gravy. Bring to a nice simmer stirring all the time, then cook for a further 10 minutes turning the steak once until nicely reduced..
- If your gravy starts to thicken too much add some more from the jug. When it's just the right consistency cover the pan and remove from the heat. If your pan doesn't have a lid, use a lid from another pan or aluminium foil. Set to one side while you prep your veg..
- I'm serving mine with homemade baked beans, with butter and rosemary glazed baked potatoes, so I allow the meat and gravy to cool until the veg is about 5 minutes away from being done, then I put it back on a low heat, still covered, and reheat, stirring frequently. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/340414-texs-killer-baked-beans-in-tomato-sauce-%F0%9F%8D%B2%F0%9F%8D%85.
- When your veg is ready, season, plate up, serve, and devour.
If you're not an onion fan, then those could be left out entirely. I've just always loved the way onions cooked down in a brown gravy makes anything feel like salisbury steak. Pork chops smothered in a homemade mushroom and onion gravy is a comforting meal that is easy to prepare. Serve over rice with your favorite vegetable and cornbread. Reviews for: Photos of Pork Chops Smothered in Onion Gravy.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this web site useful Sharing this web site to your friends is the deal Hope that your Tex's Pork Steak in Onion Gravy 🐷🍲 makes your day joyful.