What’s up buddy, welcome back to the most interesting receipes blog. If you are looking for best Sig's Very Strong Cheese and Onion Bread recipe, you are now at the best place. We only provide excellent Sig's Very Strong Cheese and Onion Bread recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's very strong cheese and onion bread recipe. To make sig's very strong cheese and onion bread you need 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Here are the ingridients that are required to cook a remarkably good Sig's Very Strong Cheese and Onion Bread:
- Provide 1 of For the Cheddar bread.
- Take 150 ml of warm water.
- Get 1/2 tsp of dried yeast.
- Take 1 pinch of sugar.
- Provide 3/4 of onion of choice, chopped finely.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Provide 225 grams of strong white flour.
- Use 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Use 1/2 tsp of English mustard powder.
- Provide 1 1/2 tbsp of fresh mixed herbs or 1 tablespoon dried of your choice(I use wild garlic, marjoram, parsley,coriander).
- Use 50 grams of grated seriously strong Cheddar if you can get it.
- Get 1 of I live about 15 miles away from where Cheddar cheese comes from. Cheddar is a beautiful little place in Somerset, England. The cheese has been made here since whenever.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on producing Sig's Very Strong Cheese and Onion Bread:
- Put the water in a jug,add the dried yeast and the sugar. Mix well leave to stand in a warm place for about 10 minutes until it becomes slightly bubbly.
- Heat oil in pan and soften the onions until they take on a good colour but are not fried or crisp.
- Stir the flour into a clean bowl add salt, pepper and mustard powder, mix, add the chopped or dried herbs. Set aside one or two tablespoon of the grated cheese and add the rest to flour. Stir in. Make a well in the middle, add the yeast mixture and the onions. Gradually work into a soft dough with your hand, kneading it down. Add a little bit extra warm water if to dry..
- Knead on a floured surface for five minutes until smooth and elastic, put the dough into a clean bowl, cover with a slightly damp cloth and leave this to stand in a warm place to rise to double its size for about two hours..
- Slightly grease a baking sheet. Put the dough onto a lightly floured worksurface and knead just briefly. Roll into a foot long stick shape, put on top of the greased baking sheet and put some light diagonal cuts into top..
- Sprinkle with the leftover cheese and cover loosely with kitchen plastic wrap, put in a warm place to rise for thirty minutes. Preheat oven to 220C/425F. Remive kitchenwrap and bake for 25 minutes, Bread is ready baked when you knock or tap on it from underneath and it sounds hollow..
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this site fruitful Sharing this web site to your families is the deal Hope that your Sig's Very Strong Cheese and Onion Bread turns your day cheerful.