What’s up guys, back with us in the most perfect receipes web page. If you are searching for pleasing Pickled Chayote recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Pickled Chayote recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pickled chayote recipe. To make pickled chayote you only need 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to produce a heavenly Pickled Chayote:
- You need 3 of medium chayote.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of vinegar.
- Provide 1 cup of sugar.
- Provide 2 of big cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 slices of ginger (1/2 inch).
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on cooking Pickled Chayote:
- Wash and dry chayote with paper towel. Cut into quarters, remove seeds. Place in stainless bowl. Skin side up..
- Put soy sauce, water, vinegar and sugar in a pot. Bring to boiling point. Boil for another 3 minutes. Pour over chayote..
- Let it cool down for 1 hour. After one hour, transfer chayote and soy sauce liquid into glass jar, add ginger and garlic. Close lid. Keep in cool place. No need to refrigerate..
- After 3 days, remove chayotes into a bowl, pour soy sauce into a pot and boil for 5 minutes (this step is to evaporate any moisture rendered from the chayotes). Cool completely..
- Put back chayotes into jar, this time, put the one that was on the top to the bottom, and vice versa..
- After another 3 days, repeat steps 4 and 5. Keep in cool place..
- These pickled chayotes can be kept for a long time.The ones you see in the picture are about 5 months old. They are very crunchy..
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this internet site fruitful Sharing this web page to your friends is the deal Wish that your Pickled Chayote makes your day joyful.