What’s up friends, welcome back to the most interesting receipes web site. If you are searching for excellent Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips recipe. You can have brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to cook a remarkably good Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips:
- You need of For the elk.
- Take 4 lb of elk roast.
- Provide 6 slices of bacon.
- Provide 1 of LG sweet onion.
- Prepare 4 cloves of minced garlic.
- Take 12 of large basil leaves, chopped.
- Provide of Around 10 cups beef stock.
- You need 1 bottle of good red wine, I use Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour seasoned heavy w/ garlic salt, white pepper.
- You need of Also seasoned w/ onion powder, steak seasoning, & smoked paprika.
- Provide of For the mash.
- Take 3 of LG parsnips, peeled and cubed.
- Take 1 of small head cauliflower, chopped.
- Take 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- Use to taste of Sea salt and black pepper.
- Get 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Take of Other ingredients.
- Take 1 loaf of sourdough french baguette.
- Get of Creme fraiche.
- Use of Grated gruyere cheese.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on preparing Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips:
- Chop bacon and fry off in a LG frying pan. Remove to a LG dutch oven..
- Meanwhile, cut elk roast into 1 inch cubes. Remove all silver skin, fat, or tendon..
- Mix flour and seasonings in a LG bowl..
- Fry onion and garlic in the bacon grease until sweated and translucent. Do not brown..
- Add the onion, garlic, basil, beef stock, and wine to the Dutch oven and bring to a boil..
- Add oil to the bacon fat. Roll elk in flour. Knock off excess flour and fry in batches. Add to dutch oven when done. In between batches remove flour from pan and add a little oil..
- Simmer the mixture for 1 1/2 to 2 hours uncovered. Stir often. This should reduce and thicken up nicely..
- Meanwhile add parsnips and cauliflower to a saucepot. Just cover with water. Bring to a simmer and cook until just tender. Drain water. Add rest of parsnip ingredients and mash until smooth, but slightly chunky..
- When sauce thickens and elk is tender, slice baguette on a bias. Butter and slightly toast. Spread creme fraiche over baguette. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with elk and sauce. Serve parsnips on the side. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Creamy cauliflower and parsnips combine with red potatoes and are topped with savory mushroom thyme gravy. DIRECTIONS Peel the parsnips and chop into even sized chunks. Put in a large pot and bring to a boil. Drain the cauliflower and parsnips and put into a blender. too much parsnip for us, DH complained about parsnips and horseradish taste. Parsnip & cauliflower mash. by Jenny Chandler.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a well done meal. If you find this internet site useful Sharing this web page to your families is the deal Wish that your Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips turns your day cheerful.