Hello friends, welcome back to the most interesting receipes site. If you are looking for best Spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander recipe. You can cook spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to serve a remarkably good Spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander:
- Prepare 3 of table spoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large red onion finely chopped.
- Provide 2 of garlic cloves.
- Take 1 of fresh red chillies, seeded and finally chopped.
- You need 2 of tea spoons cumin seeds.
- Get 2 of tea spoons coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, finely chopped.
- Take 1 tea spoon of sugar.
- Get 1 tea spoon of mustard seed.
- Take 1 table spoon of tomatoe concentrate.
- Provide 1/2 of sweet patatoe.
- Prepare 1 cup of red lentils (soaked over night).
- You need 1,75 l of vegetable stock.
- Get 1 of Salt.
- Provide of Ground pepper.
- Use of To serve.
- Take 1 of small red onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of large bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped.
- Prepare 4 of lime wedges.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the steps on serving Spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander:
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan and stir the onion, garlic, chilli, cumin and coriander seeds. When the onion begins to colour, toss in the carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the mustard seeds, sugar and stir in the lentils and sweet patatoe..
- Pour in the stock, stir well and bring to the boil. Lower the heat, partially cover the pan and simmer for 30-40 minutes..
- If the soup is too thick, thin it down with a little water. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Serve the soup straight from the pan or, if you prefer a smooth texture, whiz it in a blender, then reheat if necessary. Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle liberally with chopped onion and coriander. Serve with 2 wedges of lime to squeeze over the soup.
Serve with warm whole-wheat naan or roti bread. Fresh lime juice balances out the creamy, mellow sweetness of this pureed lentil and carrot soup. Test cook Erin McMurrer uncovers the secrets to the ultimate Red Lentil Soup with North African Spices. Get the recipe for Red Lentil Soup with North. This hearty, fragrant, richly spiced lentil soup can be cooked in the pressure cooker in about a half hour or on the stove in an hour.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this site fruitful Sharing this page to your acquaintances is the deal Wish that your Spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander makes your day joyful.