Greetings to everyone out there, back with us in the most interesting receipes web page. If you are searching for delicious Roast potatoes with duck fat recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Roast potatoes with duck fat recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to roast potatoes with duck fat recipe. To cook roast potatoes with duck fat you need 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to cook a yummy Roast potatoes with duck fat:
- Provide 2 of x k Rooster potatoes or King Edward.
- Use 100 of x g duck fat or lard.
- You need of Enough water to cover.
- Use 3 of x tbsp salt.
- You need 1 of x tsp baking soda (opt).
- Provide 1 of x tbsp veg oil.
- Provide of flakey salt to finish.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on cooking Roast potatoes with duck fat:
- Peel and portion potatoes evenly, just make sure you pick a size and stick to it. Cover with cold water and add the salt and baking soda. The baking soda creates extra fluffy surface that will be so crispy when roasted..
- Bring potatoes to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for between 5 and 10 minutes. Do not allow the potatoes to cook fully, what you want is for the surface area to be fluffy when scraped with a knife but not soft in the centre, drain in a colander and leave to steam dry for a few minutes. Then transfer back into the pot..
- Toss the potatoes around in the pan to rough up the edges, you can see in the 2nd image how fluffy the surface is. select a rimmed baking or roasting tray and add the duck fat or oil or lard..
- Space out the potatoes on the tray or trays so that there is some gaps to allow the heat to crisp up all the surface, add a little oil to stop the fat burning then roast at 230c – 450f for about 20 minutes or until the bottom edges are super crispy. Turn them over and return to the oven for a further 10 – 15 minutes..
- Serve on a plate or in a bowl for the family to dive into, I used the fork test for crispness and my god they were amazingly crunchy and fluffy in the centre. Best Roasties ever people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wIc8e-qb8U&t=33s.
Add a few tablespoons of salt and a splash of vinegar. Wash, peel and remove any black spots from the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into even sizes, ensuring there are straight edges and right angles. This is easier to achieve with large potatoes. This week's recipe is very simple, and is actually a setup for next week's recipe.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this page useful Sharing this page to your mates is the deal Wish that your Roast potatoes with duck fat makes your day cheerful.