What’s up friends, welcome back to the most interesting receipes blog. If you are looking for yummy Potato Patties recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent Potato Patties recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato patties recipe. You can have potato patties using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a perfect Potato Patties:
- You need 300 g of potatoes.
- Provide 3 knobs of unsalted butter.
- Get 1 of banana shallot, chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Take 40-50 g of cheese of your choice, finely grated. I use very strong cheddar.
- Take 50 g of plain flour.
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Use 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 of egg.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on cooking Potato Patties:
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10 minutes, drain then mash them in a largish bowl with one knob of butter..
- Meanwhile, gently fry the shallot and garlic in another knob of butter, only stirring to avoid sticking, for about 4 minutes or until softened. Stir into the potato mash..
- Stir the grated cheese into the mash..
- Season the flour and stir in the smoked paprika. Sift into the mash and gently mix all together..
- Add the egg to the floured mash (easiest if you make a small hole in the centre but whatever works for you!) and, gently but thoroughly, mix it all together..
- You should now have a clump-free, pliable mixture. Form into a bowl as if you were baking and then lift onto cling-film, forming it into a Swiss roll/sausage shape..
- Put in the fridge (still wrapped) on a plate for 30 minutes (longer if that suits your convenience!)..
- When you’re ready, take the “roll” out of the fridge and cut into 2.5-3 cm thick patties, other shapes if you prefer but neither too thick nor too thin. Remove from the cling film!.
- Bring the final knob of butter to a medium-high heat in a frying pan and fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until a golden brown. Eat as they are or with your choice of condiments or accompaniments..
A recipe is a good story that ends with a appetizing meal. If you find this page helpful Sharing this site to your families is the deal Hope that your Potato Patties turns your day joyful.